Preventing the Spread of Illness
As many of you may be aware, there is an emerging public health threat related to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), additionally, it is also flu and respiratory disease season. We are taking necessary precautions to prevent the spread of these viruses and encouraging everyone to take actions to stay healthy.
There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19 infection. The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
Here are the steps we are taking to help to prevent infection and the spread of the virus.
- After each patient encounter, we are washing our hands with soap and water, or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- We are also washing our hands after every time we cough or sneeze.
- We are routinely cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces such as; mats, treatment tables, exercise equipment, computer keyboard and mice, pens, phones, light switches, door handles, faucets, etc.
How you can help us maintain a safe environment for yourself and our patients.
- Before you start treatment please take a minute to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
- When coughing and sneezing, cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – discard tissue immediately into a closed bin.
- If you have symptoms of any respiratory infection (e.g., cough, runny nose) please take appropriate preventive actions (e.g., wear a facemask upon entry to contain cough).
- If you have a fever please call to reschedule your appointment once you have been fever-free for 24 hours.
More information about the coronavirus can be found on the CDC’s website. If you have any questions or would like to speak with us directly, please don’t hesitate to call any of our locations.